The mission of Francis H. Cortney Junior High School is to create an environment that is “student centered” where respect, motivation, and responsibility challenge students academically, behaviorally, and socially as they transfer from elementary to junior high to high school.
We will help our students achieve academic and social success by:
- Providing students with training in organization skills
- Teaching students individual and group responsibility
- Promoting completion of quality work
- Preparing students for performance-based assessments that meet Nevada State Standards
- Encouraging conduct consistent with a positive learning community